March 1st is the make up date for the postponed 300km brevet
Saturday, March 1st is the make up date for the postponed 300km brevet. I have the new insurance certificate and have sent a copy to RUSA. Mark Behning (bless him) is checking with the volunteers to see if we can still cover the start and finish controls as we had planned last saturday, and any other details are being worked on.
Please note, results will be submitted *as if the ride occurred on Feb. 23rd*. This means that if you were planning on counting a finish of the 300km for any RUSA or ACP award, the results will count for that date. An example is if you were aiming at the R-12 award, completing this makeup ride will count for February.
If you can not make the make up date, please send me mail to confirm this.
As an aside, I wanted to note that postponed or cancelled brevets are extremely rare. I hope this is the last time SFR has to deal with uncommonly severe weather predictions for an upcoming ride, and that we never have to postpone or cancel a ride again.
One last thing. My mail to the registered riders sometimes was placed in spam folders by recipients filters. If you could take a minute and pop a copy of this mail to any of your friends you see on the list, that might help with achieving 100% delivery.
rob hawks sfr rba