Depending on the distance, our events will travel northward though Marin, Sonoma and Mendocino Counties.
The routes will vary from flat to hilly and will include segments of short frequent hills (rollers) as well as include several long hill climbs. Events in the past included the challenges of very strong head winds (gusts to 40 mph), rain, dense ground fog. You can read past events participants' reports by clicking on the linked names on the Brevet Results pages to the right.
The San Francisco Randonneurs invite your participation in one or more events being held in 2010. Events are offered as follows:
|Event/Distance||Date||Start Time||Time limit||Type|
|Pt. Reyes Populaire 120km||Sun 1/21/2018||8:00 AM||7.5 hours||RUSA|
|Pierce Point 200km||Sat 1/27/2018||7:00 AM||13.5 hours||ACP|
|Two Rock-Valley Ford 200km||Sat 2/10/2018||7:00 AM||13.5 hours||ACP|
|Mt Hamilton 200km||Sat2/24/2018||8:00 AM||13.5 hours||ACP|
|Healdsburg-Russian River 300km||3/10/2018||6:00 AM||20 hours||ACP|
|Fleche Norcal 360km||Sat3/30/2018||8:00 AM||24 hours||ACP|
|Hopland 400km||Sat 4/21/2018||6:00 AM||27 hours||ACP|
|Fort Bragg 600km||Sat 5/19/2018||6:00 AM||40 hours||ACP|
|SFR DART/Dart Populaire 120km||Sat 6/2/2018||7:00 AM||8 or
|La Ruta Loca Randonnee 200k ≈||Sat 6/9/2018||7:00 AM||13.5 hours||ACP|
|New Route (TBD) 200km||6/30/2018||TBD||13.5 hours||ACP|
|Double Brevet Weekend Day One 200 or 300km||Sat 7/14/2018||6:00 AM||13.5 or
|Double Brevet Weekend Day Two 200km||Sun 7/15/2018||8:00 AM||13.5 hours||ACP|
|Freestone Bread Run 200km||Sat 7/28/2018||7:00 AM||13.5 hours||ACP|
|El Paseito Mixto Populaire ≈||Sun 8/5/2018||8:00 AM||7.5 hours||RUSA|
|Lucas Valley Populaire 110km||Sun 8/5/2018||8:00 AM||7.5 hours||RUSA|
|Marin Mountains 200km ≈||Sat 8/11/2018||6:00 AM||13.5 hours||ACP|
|Russian River (RUSA 20th Anniversary) 200km||Sat 8/18/2018||7:00 AM||13.5 hours||ACP|
|Old Cazadero 300km ≈||Sat 9/8/2018||5:30 AM||20 hours||ACP|
|Davis Nighttime 200km||Sat 9/15/2018||8:00 PM||13.5 hours||ACP|
|King Ridge 400km ≈||Sat 9/22/2018||5:30 AM||27 hours||ACP|
|Orr Springs 600km ≈||Sat 10/13/2018||5:00 AM||40 hours||ACP|
|Winters 200km||Sat 10/20/2018||7:00 AM||13.5 hours||RUSA|
|Del Puerto Canyon 202km||Sat 11/3/2018||8:00 AM||13.5 hours||RUSA|
|Uvas Gold 205km||Sat 12/1/2018||8:00 AM||13.5 hours||RUSA|
* RUSA allows for starts as early as noon the Thursday before Easter (March 29) However, we'd like to encourage teams to begin early in the morning on Saturday, March 31th with a goal of having all teams finish at close to each other on the same date (April 1st) and location.
For reference purposes only you can preview the routes in the Route Archive page. However, ONLY current year official cue sheets most be used on the event day as there may be changes in the route.
You can download a document on the table below by clicking on it.
|Cue Sheet||Map||2012 Entry Form||Membership
|Point Reyes Lighthouse
Jan 23th 200k
|Two Rock/Valley Ford
|Fort Bragg 600k||.doc||.xls||.jpg|
|Davis Night 200k||.doc||.xls||.gif||.jpg|
| Pt. Reyes Station
|Flèche Northern California||.doc||.xls||.jpg|
*=Event not organized by the San Francisco Randonneurs link= external link
Usually there are some spare cue sheets and maps at the sign-in table on event day.
Below, you can also download additional maps for the events. Please note some maps apply to more than one event; also maps may take while to download, each map is aprox 3-7 mb.
|Additional Map (3-7 MB each)||200K||300K||400K||600K|
|San Francisco Start Location|
|San Francisco ALTERNATE Start Location|
|Fulton Rd @ Ludwig Ave|
Audax Club Parisien offer cyclists Brevet award medals as tokens of your accomplishments. For 2010 the San Francisco Randonneurs will offer medals at a cost of $10.00 per brevet medal. The medals shown were used for the period 2003 to 2006.
Rules and Requirements
To enter the 2010 SF Brevet Series event you need to have filled out an entry form, paid the entry fee and have signed a Rider Release Form. Please note for events going to the Point Reyes Lighthouse there is a limit of 100 riders imposed by the National Park Service, for all other events there is no participant limit. Entries received after the cap has been met for the Point Reyes Lighthouse events will be returned.
Entries must be postmarked or otherwise received 7 days before the event. Late entries will be returned. You are encouraged to submit entries 21 days to 14 days before the date of the event.
We will notify you by e-mail of receipt of your entry (by regular mail if you lack e-mail and if the entry is received by seven days before the event. Between 7-14 days before the event we will mail additional information, last minute changes and other useful information.
Should the rider limit not be reached by the event date, day of event entries will be accepted from eligible San Francisco Randonneurs members only. To be an eligible member you must join the San Francisco Randonneurs no less than 14 days before an event.
There will be no refunds for no-shows or cancellations.
- Rules of Randonneurs USA and Randonneurs Mondiaux apply.
- Riders must wear an ANSI approved bicycle helmet during the brevet.
- Personal Support vehicles are strongly discouraged as they are not in keeping with the spirit the event. Nevertheless Personal Support vehicles will be allowed at designated controls as approved by the Regional Brevet Administrator. Riders receiving assistance from a Personal Support vehicle along the route will be disqualified. Riders choosing to use a Personal Support Vehicles must register with the Regional Brevet Administrator when you enter the event.
- Riders will obey all laws of the State of California, the United States of America and local jurisdictions.
- Riders shall assure that the bicycle they are operating during the brevet is mechanically sound.
- Riders shall posses reflective ankle bands, a reflective sash (or reflective vest). These reflective items shall be worn from sunset to sunrise.
- For the 300k 400k and 600k Brevets, riders shall have front and rear lights mounted on the bicycle used for the brevet. Lights shall be switched on from sunset to sunrise. Back-up systems are strongly encouraged. Tail lights will be operated in solid on mode, except to indicate an emergency. Failure of your light(s) and not having a backup light is grounds for disqualification.
- Aero bars shall not be used while riding in groups (3 or more riders).
- Fenders/Mudguards are encouraged but not required.
- Riders shall bring spending money to buy food/supplies at the stores functioning as controls.
- Riders shall bring a pen.
- Violation of any of these rules can result in disqualification.
We hope that our events will be, first and foremost, fun. You will see great scenery. You will meet wonderful people.
Our 2010 events will help you qualify for longer Brevets held in Canada, Europe and Australia in 2010.
The Brevet events will help randonneurs earn the Randonneur 5000 award.
While the events should be fun they will be most enjoyable if you have adequately planned and prepared for the challenge. Participants must plan and prepare to do the event self supported. Maintaining food and fluids levels are the largest challenge of these events. Added challenges include riding in inclement weather and riding in darkness. Heat may also be a challenging factor in our longer events in the Summer. You will need to be ready to deal with mechanical problems, physical problems from electrolyte imbalance, aches and pains, sunburn, saddle sores and skin abrasions. The rides are expected to provide opportunities to evaluate the effectiveness of your foul weather gear, lights and other equipment.